Friends of Mandarin Scholars (FMS) is a parent run, non-profit organization founded to support the funding need created by the loss of the Foreign Language Assistance Program (FLAP) grant which helped establish the Mandarin Immersion Program at College Park Elementary School that has now grown to include Bayside STEM Academy. This year, we also lost Magnet Program funding provided by the District, leaving us with an even greater need to reach our 2017-2018* goal of $168,500 to maintain a robust and quality program for our kids.
We rely on each family’s contribution and ask that you consider giving the suggested $500 per student.
*We fundraise an academic year in advance in order to meet our funding commitments and guarantee Mandarin Aides for the following school year.
FMS Funds Annually
- 100% of in-class Mandarin Aides (who also assume yard duty for all students)
- Before and after school homework assistance in College Park library
- Curriculum Resource Materials (Mei Zhou textbooks, etc.)
- Cultural Events (Chinese New Year Parade, etc.)
- Incoming Kinder summer school Program
- Professional development for teacher’s
- After-school Mandarin club at Bayside STEM Academy
To Maintain and Grow Our Program, You Can Donate via
- Direct Give
- Attend our Annual Lunar New Year Gala
- Volunteer your time and talent
Ways To Donate
– Make your check out to FMS and return to the FMS mailbox located at the school office – Preferred Method as this incurs no fee to FMS
– PayPal to FriendsofMandarinScholars@gmail.com (Monthly option available)
– Credit Card Donation – Please visit mandarinscholars.org/donate
– Request Company Match
– AmazonSmile – Choose FMS as your charitable org of choice
Please join us at the joint PTA/FMS coffee chat on Friday morning, August 26th, to learn more.
(Yining Wang, Vita Blake, Nhi Huynh, Jennifer Lin, Jenny Wong, Camille Martensson, Emily Chang-Ito, Helen Fong, and Deanna Ng-Antiporda)